Arkeia Diagnostic Files
System and Backup Administrators can generate a diagnostic file for each client (with an Arkeia agent installed) and for each Backup Server whether the backup server is deployed as a software application, physical appliance, or a virtual appliance. The same diagnostics file can be generated through a command line console if the user has root (on Linux/UNIX) or administrator (on Windows) privileges.
The diagnostics file generated is named ARKINFO_servername_DATE.tz.
It contains no file or backup content, but will contain names of files, directories, domains, and computers as configured in the Arkeia WebUI.
These details are required by the Arkeia Technical Support Team to properly analyze and diagnose your support requests.
You can easily decompress and review the contents of the file using popular compression utilities like Winzip, 7zip or tar -zxvf on your Linux system.
For more information about the contents of the Diagnostic File, please click here.
- Please upload diagnostics files to the Arkeia technical support team using the Customer Support Portal.
v10.0 Backup Server Diagnostic File
Linux and Unix Diagnostic Files
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Linux and Unix Backup and Replication Servers
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Linux and Unix Clients and Media Servers
Arkeia Physical and Virtual Appliance Diagnostic Files
Microsoft Windows Diagnostic Files
Windows and Linux Online DR Session Diagnostic Files
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Windows DR Sessions
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Linux DR Sessions
After the ARKINFO.tz Diagnostic file has been successfully created, transfer it to a machine that has Internet access via scp or ftp.
- Attach the file to your open Arkeia Support Case.
- Ensure sure to update the open Support Case to inform the Engineer that the attachment has been added.
Attachments do not set cases to the "Updated" status so please inform your support representative.