Arkeia Diagnostic Files
System and Backup Administrators can generate a diagnostic file for the backup server and each client registered to the backup server.
The same diagnostic file can be generated through a command line console if the user has root access on Linux/UNIX or Administrator privileges in Windows.
- The diagnostic files are generated using the following naming convention: ARKINFO_servername_DATE.tz.
- The file contains no file or backup content, but will contain names of files, directories, domains, and computers as configured in the Arkeia WebUI.
- The detailed logging information is required by the Support Team to properly analyze and diagnose your support requests.
- Contents of the file can be viewed using popular compression utilities sunch as Winzip, 7zip or tar -zxvf.
- Click Here for more information regarding the contents of the Diagnostic File
WebUI Backup Server and Client Diagnostic File
- How To: Create Diagnostics Files for v10 Backup Server, Physical Appliance, Virtual Appliance and Client Machines
Linux and Unix Diagnostic Files
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Linux and Unix Backup and Replication Servers
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Linux and Unix Clients and Media Servers
Arkeia Physical and Virtual Appliance Diagnostic File
Microsoft Windows Diagnostic File
Windows and Linux Online DR Session Diagnostic File
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Windows DR Sessions
- How To: Create Diagnostic Files For Linux DR Sessions
After the ARKINFO.tz Diagnostic file has been successfully created, transfer it to a machine that has Internet access via scp or ftp.
- Attach the file to your open Arkeia Support Case.
- Ensure sure to update the open Support Case to inform the Engineer that the attachment has been added.
Attachments do not set cases to the "Updated" status so please inform your support representative.